Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
117th Illinois Volunteer Infantry (Company B) Medical Ledger
Seventy page battlefield ledger for Company B of the 117th Illinois Volunteer Infantry. The ledger includes daily medical reports from January 24th to April 15, 1863. During this time the company was stationed at Ft. Pickering, Tenn. defending Memphis. Patients are listed by name and action (i.e. excused from duty, assigned modified duty, sent to hospital, or quarantine). A small loose piece of paper -- possibly a prescription or doctor's note -- is included among the pages.
Wilbur P. Buck Letters
Wilbur P. Buck wrote these three letters, dated between October 9, 1862 and June 23, 1863, to his sweetheart, Charlotte Lottie Smith. The first letter was sent from Camp Fuller and the others were written at the Officer's Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. They discuss Buck and Smith's relationship, Buck's homesickness, and the wounded and dead soldiers that Buck sees in the field hospital where he works.
William Taylor Letters
Three letters from Private William Taylor of the 43rd Ohio Infantry to his sister Susan in Morrow County, Ohio, describe experiences in the Gayoso Hospital in Memphis and another military hospital in LaGrange, Tenn., during 1863.
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Medicine, Military -- United States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Soldiers -- Illinois -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Illinois Infantry Regiment, 117th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Illinois Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1866). 1
- United States. Army. Illinois Infantry Regiment, 95th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 43rd (1862-1865). 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less