Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
In a letter dated 1865 May 5 the chief quartermaster of the Army of the Cumberland, E. B. Carling, sends his annual report for the month of March to his superior, A. J. Mackay. The letter was sent internally from the quartermaster's office located in Nashville, Tenn. The letter concerns the movements of the Army of the Cumberland's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Cavalry divisions throughout the state of Mississippi.
The Tilghman Blazer Papers, 1864-1892, contains two notebooks, both of which are in fairly good condition. The first details his military experience as a member of Company K of the 8th Tennessee Volunteer Infantry (Union) in Georgia and Tennessee during 1864, and the second contains classroom rosters and business transactions written after his return to Cocke County, Tenn.
This collection consists of a letter, dated February 24, 1863 from Camp Cripplecrick, Tenn., from W. M. Creamer of the 90th Ohio Infantry to his cousin, M. C. Creamer. He discusses his religious beliefs as well as Captain Robert O. Caddy's treatment of sick young boys in Nashville.
This collection is composed of a letter that William Cosgrove of the 1st Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, Battery G, wrote to his aunt and uncle, Mr. and Mrs. Bowers, in Mount Vernon (Knox County) Ohio from Nashville, Tennessee on January 31, 1864. He writes of cousin Charles's death in Memphis and his own Battery's move to Nashville. Also, he speaks of conditions in camp, including a recent outbreak of smallpox and his personal troubles with rheumatism.
This letter by William H. Green, of the 45th New York Regiment, Company F, was written to his brother, from Nashville, Tenn. on February 16, 1865. In the letter, Green writes of a large battle that took place between the Rebel General Hood and the Union General Thomas. He also states that the city is under martial law.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Artillery operations. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 90th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, 1st (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less