Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Robert A. Kerr wrote this letter to a friend from Nashville, Tennessee on December 5, 1862. In it, he discusses his regiment's living conditions and describes some fighting in the area.
This collection is composed of a letter that William Cosgrove of the 1st Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, Battery G, wrote to his aunt and uncle, Mr. and Mrs. Bowers, in Mount Vernon (Knox County) Ohio from Nashville, Tennessee on January 31, 1864. He writes of cousin Charles's death in Memphis and his own Battery's move to Nashville. Also, he speaks of conditions in camp, including a recent outbreak of smallpox and his personal troubles with rheumatism.
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Artillery operations. 1