Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Francis and Harriet Ferguson Collection
This collection of letters exchanged by Francis and Harriet Ferguson deals with life on both the battle and home fronts during the American Civil War.
William A. Smith Letter
William A. Smith of the 116th Pennsylvania Infantry (also called the Irish Brigade) wrote this letter to his family in Chester County, Pennsylvania on August 30, 1863. In it, he reports that three men from the 2nd Division (one from the 71st Pennsylvania Infantry and another from the 20th Massachusetts Infantry) were executed for desertion and speculates that some from his own regiment might suffer the same fate.
Dates: 1863 August 30
- Morristown (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1