Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Daniel Davis Letter
This collection houses a single letter from Daniel Davis to his brother. In it, Davis details his regiment's march from Nashville to Dechard, Tennessee (southeast of Tullahoma, Tennessee.) At that time, the 46th Pennsylvania was detailed to guard sections of the Nashville-Chattanooga Railroad.
David W. Humphrey Letters
This collection houses two letters from David Humphrey (signed D. W. H.) to Julia written from Union Headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, on November 26 and December 17 of 1862. The letters discuss life in camp, General Rosecrans' good performance, family news, news of the war in Tennessee and Virginia, food being sent by the family to camp, Humphrey's desire to return home, and his love for Julia.
Francis and Harriet Ferguson Collection
This collection of letters exchanged by Francis and Harriet Ferguson deals with life on both the battle and home fronts during the American Civil War.
William A. Smith Letter
William A. Smith of the 116th Pennsylvania Infantry (also called the Irish Brigade) wrote this letter to his family in Chester County, Pennsylvania on August 30, 1863. In it, he reports that three men from the 2nd Division (one from the 71st Pennsylvania Infantry and another from the 20th Massachusetts Infantry) were executed for desertion and speculates that some from his own regiment might suffer the same fate.
William H. Lambert Letter
William H. Lambert wrote this letter to George and Jesse Cox of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on 24 February 1863 while he was stationed in Lookout Valley, Tennessee. In it, Lambert discusses the bureaucratic processes of discharge and resignation. He also mentions that he has been promoted from Adjutant to Captain and recounts meeting a friend, Colonel Joseph B. Palmer, who he had not seen since the Battle of Antietam in Chattanooga the previous week.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Morristown (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories -- Pennsylvania Infantry -- 111th. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States. Army. New Jersey Infantry Regiment, 33rd (1863-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 111th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 46th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 78th (1861-1865). 1
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less