Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
117th Illinois Volunteer Infantry (Company B) Medical Ledger
Seventy page battlefield ledger for Company B of the 117th Illinois Volunteer Infantry. The ledger includes daily medical reports from January 24th to April 15, 1863. During this time the company was stationed at Ft. Pickering, Tenn. defending Memphis. Patients are listed by name and action (i.e. excused from duty, assigned modified duty, sent to hospital, or quarantine). A small loose piece of paper -- possibly a prescription or doctor's note -- is included among the pages.
Dates: 1863 January-April
Francis and Harriet Ferguson Collection
This collection of letters exchanged by Francis and Harriet Ferguson deals with life on both the battle and home fronts during the American Civil War.
- Medicine, Military -- United States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Soldiers -- Pennsylvania -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories -- Pennsylvania Infantry -- 111th. 1