Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
This collection houses two letters from David Humphrey (signed D. W. H.) to Julia written from Union Headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, on November 26 and December 17 of 1862. The letters discuss life in camp, General Rosecrans' good performance, family news, news of the war in Tennessee and Virginia, food being sent by the family to camp, Humphrey's desire to return home, and his love for Julia.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Pennsylvania. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Pennsylvania -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 78th (1861-1865). X