Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract In this letter to P. P. Claxton, Irwin Shepard (Secretary of the National Education Association) mentions an upcoming meeting in Denver and describes his service at the Battle of Fort Sanders during the Civil War. He tells Claxton that Knoxville, and especially the grounds of the University of Tennessee, hold a sacred place in my memory and recalls serving on the Fort's parapet during the battle, helping to collect the dead and wounded, and participating in a burning party that destroyed...
Dates: 1909 April 5
In this manuscript, Boyd Childress describes the University of Tennessee's Library in the Civil War and Reconstruction eras.
Dates: 1979 February
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 17th (1862-1865). 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1 ∧ less