Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
In this letter, Captain William R. Story of the 1st U.S. Colored Artillery (heavy) writes to John J. King on behalf of a soldier under his command named Tecumsey whose wife, formerly one of King's enslaved people, is still living in King's home. The soldier would like her to be able to remain in the house, and Story assures King that the man earns a reasonable wage and will be good for any small amount of a years rent.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History. X
- Subject: Freedmen -- Tennessee. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, African-American. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, African-American. X