Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
A single letter, written October 26, 1863, by Alfred Edward Waldo to his parents. In the letter, he details the defense of Knoxville, Tennessee against General James Longstreet's attack as well as writing of his rations and requesting for new clothes.
The collection consists of an eight-page document about the history of Methodism in the Corryton community of Knox County, Tennessee.
This collection includes four claims filed by John Baxter Edmondson on June 1, 1868 for compensation as a result of the Confederate Army using his Knox County, Tenn. farm for resources.
This collection consists primarily of two undated, fragmentary letters that John Watkins wrote during the Civil War. One is written on United States Sanitary Commission letterhead. These two items are accompanied by a poem entitled The Union, which Watkins apparently authored.
This collection contains material collected during the excavation and archaeological research conducted of Fort Loudoun, TN in the 1950s and 1960s. In addition, there are a few documents from Knox County, TN from the late 18th century and the early 19th century concerning property and land ownership.
A letter was written by Sgt. William A. Smith, Co. B 71 Ind. 6th Cav., on October 5, 1863. He talks about Union occupation north of Knoxville, TN and the increased price of goods and foods in the Confederate states as oppsosed to the Union. He also writes about a brigade of women marching and carrying the U.S. flag. The letter was submitted to Mr. J. O. Jones, postmaster of Terre Haute, Indiana, in hopes that he could get it published in the local newspaper.
This undated stereoview photograph pictures the Strawberry Plains Bridge during the Civil War. Also seen are the ruins of a nearby house and a soldier standing guard.
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- Correspondence. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee. 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) 1
- Fort Loudon (Tenn. : Fort) 1
- Historic preservation -- Tennessee. 1
- Historic sites -- Tennessee. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.). 1
- Methodist Church -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Methodists -- Tennessee. 1
- Monroe County (Tenn.) 1
- Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Massachusetts -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 18th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. 1 ∧ less