Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Alice Clement Love Letters
This collection consists of fourteen love letters written by Alice Clement to her husband Reverend Andrew E. Clement of Nashville, Tennessee.
Army of the Cumberland Quartermaster's Report
In a letter dated 1865 May 5 the chief quartermaster of the Army of the Cumberland, E. B. Carling, sends his annual report for the month of March to his superior, A. J. Mackay. The letter was sent internally from the quartermaster's office located in Nashville, Tenn. The letter concerns the movements of the Army of the Cumberland's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Cavalry divisions throughout the state of Mississippi.
George Washington Campbell Papers
This collection consists of a hand drawn survey dated 1806 of lands held near Nashville, Tennessee by George Washington Campbell, a letter written by Campbell to a Mrs. Mary Doherty in 1832 concerning 640 acres of Campbell's land in Tennessee, and an undated stereograph of George Washington Campbell's Nashville, Tennessee mansion.
Ilene Jones Cornwell Papers
Joseph E. Clemm Journal
Joseph E. Clemm began this diary on June 22, 1819 with the intention of making the gift of this journal to him [the reader] at some future period. The early part of this work is devoted to Clemm's activities in Augusta, Georgia. Later on, Clemm describes a trip to Tennessee to collect an overdue debt, during which he passes through the Cherokee Nation.
Kate Thornberg Letter
In this letter to her sister Veronica Boyers in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Nashville resident Kate Thornberg tells of freezing weather and a lack of food due to the influx of Union Soldiers and Confederate refugees and the Union's control of the Lexington and Nashville Railway Line.
Milton Weaver Collection
Nashville (Tenn.) Civil War Battlefield Stereoview
This stereoview photograph presents a scene of the outer lines of the Federal entrenchments on the battlefield at Nashville on December 16, 1864.
Robert A. Kerr Letter
Robert A. Kerr wrote this letter to a friend from Nashville, Tennessee on December 5, 1862. In it, he discusses his regiment's living conditions and describes some fighting in the area.
Tilghman Blazer Papers
The Tilghman Blazer Papers, 1864-1892, contains two notebooks, both of which are in fairly good condition. The first details his military experience as a member of Company K of the 8th Tennessee Volunteer Infantry (Union) in Georgia and Tennessee during 1864, and the second contains classroom rosters and business transactions written after his return to Cocke County, Tenn.
W. M. Creamer Letter
This collection consists of a letter, dated February 24, 1863 from Camp Cripplecrick, Tenn., from W. M. Creamer of the 90th Ohio Infantry to his cousin, M. C. Creamer. He discusses his religious beliefs as well as Captain Robert O. Caddy's treatment of sick young boys in Nashville.
William Cosgrove Letter
This collection is composed of a letter that William Cosgrove of the 1st Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, Battery G, wrote to his aunt and uncle, Mr. and Mrs. Bowers, in Mount Vernon (Knox County) Ohio from Nashville, Tennessee on January 31, 1864. He writes of cousin Charles's death in Memphis and his own Battery's move to Nashville. Also, he speaks of conditions in camp, including a recent outbreak of smallpox and his personal troubles with rheumatism.
William H. Green Letter
This letter by William H. Green, of the 45th New York Regiment, Company F, was written to his brother, from Nashville, Tenn. on February 16, 1865. In the letter, Green writes of a large battle that took place between the Rebel General Hood and the Union General Thomas. He also states that the city is under martial law.
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 8
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 8
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 3
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Franklin (Tenn.) -- History 1
- Georgia -- Description and travel. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Maury County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Methodist Church -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn., 1864. 1
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- Railroads -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Shelbyville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Southern States -- History. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- Description and travel. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Artillery operations. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 24th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 74th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 90th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, 1st (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less