Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Christopher Grigg Letter
In this letter to his wife (Elizabeth), son (Caleb), and daughter (Marietta Hester), Christopher Grigg describes his regiment's location, reports on his health, mentions the food available to his unit, and tells of meeting one of his mother's friends from primary school. He also inquires about life at home and warns his son to be careful when reading his books.
W. T. Presley Letter
William T. Presley Correspondence
William T. Presley Letter
William T. Presley wrote this letter to his wife Henry (Henryetta) on September 27, 1862 from camp in or near Knoxville, Tennessee. Presley mentions that her last letter caused tears to stream down his cheeks. He remarks on the poor condition of several men in his camp, saying that one looks like an old shoe. He goes on to tell Henryetta that she must hire someone to build a pen for the hogs and try go with out killing any of them til hog Billing time.
- Confederate States of America. Army. Alabama Cavalry Battalion, 1st. 3
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2