Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
George W. Douglas Letter
In a letter written February 4, 1865 from the Officers' Hospital in Knoxville, Tenn., to Colonel Cross, George W. Douglas writes concerning his desire for an artifical leg to help him walk.
Dates: 1865 February 4
Jacob Rowland Letters
Abstract This collection consists of two letters from Union soldier Jacob Rowland to his sister, Olive. The first letter, dated January 26, 1865, is sent from Knoxville, Tenn., where Rowland reports of "...quiet times here in Knoxville just now occasionally review as inspection we moved our camp last Tuesday. We were on the south side of the river about 1 1/2 miles from the city. Now we are quartered inside of the breast works right in the suburbs..." The second letter, dated February 20, 1865, is...
Dates: 1865 January 26-February 20
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Heavy Artillery Regiment, 2nd (1863-1865) 1