Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection houses manuscripts, correspondence, photographs, cassette tapes, videotapes, trial transcripts, and other materials documenting Alex Haley's literary career. Of particular interest are those materials showing Haley's Roots and the subsequent plagiarism trials related to the book.
This collection consists of a Xerox copy of Alice Bass Luttrell’s memoir. The memoir traces the family history from the immigration of Joseph Phillips from Wales in the mid-18th century to Luttrell's personal child remembrances. In addition to the manuscript, also available are photocopied selections of music.
This collections contain correspondence, political papers, legal papers and financial papers documenting Ben W. Hooper and his time as governor of Tennessee (1910-1914).
The collection consists of eight loose pages of the "How Judge Edward Terry Sanford Became a Member of the United States Supreme Court" article written by E. E. Patton that records the events leading up to Judge Sanford becoming an Associate Justice in the U. S. Supreme Court.
This collection contains material collected during the excavation and archaeological research conducted of Fort Loudoun, TN in the 1950s and 1960s. In addition, there are a few documents from Knox County, TN from the late 18th century and the early 19th century concerning property and land ownership.
The Margaret Graeme Canning Collection is composed of scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, opera programs, awards and certificates of achievement, reel-to-reel audio tapes, correspondence, publications, and photographs dealing with the lives of Margaret Graeme Canning and her mother, Mary Margaret Hoskins Canning.
The Tennessee Documents Collection, 1783-1977 (bulk 1793-1889), contains deeds, plats, court documents, warrants, bonds to prosecute, indentures, and other government and legal documents from the late-18th to the mid-19th centuries in Tennessee.
This collection houses numerous pamphlets describing the TVA's activities between 1933 and 1965.
This collection houses reports (many originally intended for use only within the TVA), summaries, articles, and a thesis documenting the activities of the Tennessee Valley Authority between 1933 and 1973.
- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 8
- Tennessee -- History -- 18th century. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- African American authors. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Autobiography. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee. 1
- Courts -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) 1
- Fort Loudon (Tenn. : Fort) 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Historic preservation -- Tennessee. 1
- Historic sites -- Tennessee. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.). 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Monroe County (Tenn.) 1
- Operas -- 18th century. 1
- Operas -- 19th century. 1
- Operas -- 20th century. 1
- Operas -- Europe. 1
- Operas -- Performances. 1
- Politicians -- Tennessee. 1
- Slave trade -- United States -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Southern States. 1
- Sopranos (Singers). 1
- Supreme Court justices. 1
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Sources. 1
- Tennessee, East. 1
- Theaters -- Europe. 1
- Tucson (Ariz.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- Women -- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1 ∧ less