Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Samuel B. Boyd Papers
This collection houses letters of recommendation for Samuel Boyd, correspondence to and from Samuel Boyd (including two letters he wrote while being held prisoner at Camp Chase, Ohio during the Civil War), genealogical notes, invitations, newspaper clippings, and resolutions on the deaths of Samuel and Isabella (Reed) Boyd.
Samuel K. Carrigan Letter
This collection consists of a letter from Samuel K. Carrigan, sent on May 25, 1862 from Camp Mag Hill near Chattanooga, to his brother William A. Carrigan in Society Hill, South Carolina. He discusses his discontent with his fellow solider's irreligiousness and his desire to transfer into another unit, as well as the fighting in which he was involved.
William R. Lacy Letter
William Styer Correspondence
This collection consists of ten letters and five envelopes from Union soldier William Styer to his wife Susannah (Defenbaugh) Styer dating from 1862 November 12 to 1863 September 5. One letter was written in Camp Morton, Indiana; one was written on board the Ohio Belle; and the rest were written from Fort Pickering, Tennessee.
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Christianity -- Southern States. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army of Tennessee -- Artillery. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 6th. 1
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 1
- Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- South Carolina -- Correspondence. 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 89th (1862-1865). 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1 ∧ less