Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
William M. Cloer, a private in the 62nd North Carolina Infantry (CSA), wrote this letter to friends at home from Morristown, Tennessee on June 24, 1863. He discusses recent Yankee raids in Tennessee, specifically those made during the push towards Knoxville, and his regiment's upcoming move to Cumberland Gap.
1863 June 24
- Subject: Tennessee -- History.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: Soldiers -- North Carolina -- Correspondence.