Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
A handwritten letter from J. S. Hanna to an unknown recipient written circa November 24, 1862 from Fort Saunderson, Bolivar, TN. The letter discusses his time at his time at the fort including sickness and weather.
Personal correspondence between Union soldier Alexander B. Richards and his sister, Emaline Butcher of Murphysboro, Illinois, dated February 14, 1864. He details the Battle of Knoxville and Fort Sanders (Tenn.) which took place on November 29, 1863 and his trek from Chattanooga with H Co. Illinois 27th Infantry.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X