Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of a letter dated June 19, 1862, from Emmanuel Cave of the 69th Ohio Infantry to his wife Susan. Cave writes of the eight-day march that his regiment just completed.
This collection consists of an April 11, 1864, letter from Union soldier J. C. Gates in Ringgold, Ga., to his wife in Ohio. Gates mentions the arrival of Col. Brownlow and the East Tennessee Cavalry and discusses the fish supply in the local rivers.
John McNickle Laird, Jr. of the Ohio 124th Infantry Regiment (U. S.) writes to his mother, Julia Laird, from a camp near Knoxville, Tennessee and from Marietta, Georgia.
This collection consists of one original letter and one reprinted letter written by John W. Fox that discuss his life in the army and his religious faith.
While encamped in the Cumberland Ford area of Knox County, Tenn., John W. Hammer serving in the 16th Ohio Infantry Company K writes to a friend named Annie. In this letter dated June 4, 1862, he describes the fortifications that are in place to protect them from the Confederates. His company moves toward the Confederate camps and skirmishes occur.
This collection contains two letters written on one sheet of paper. The first, from Martha Stewart to her husband Joseph (dated November 30, 1864) details the daily happenings in Franklin Square, Ohio. The second, from hospitalized Joseph in Murfreesboro, Tenn., to his wife and children (dated December 24-25, 1864) discusses the Battle of Nashville.
This is a collection of sixty-one Civil War letters written by William A. Huddard to his father. The letters begin in June of 1861 and end in April of 1864. Huddard’s letters to his father describe many aspects of life in the western armies during the Civil War. He describes battles, camp life, enemy combatants, the environment, furloughs, his health, rumors, and weather.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 5
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Hospitals. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Hospitals. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 102nd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 124th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 16th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 1st (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 69th (1861-1865). 1 ∧ less