Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
A. S. Andrews Letter
This letter from Union solider A. S. Andrews, dated four days after the Battle of Shiloh, describes the battle's aftermath.
Edwin Floyd Wiley Memoir and Photograph
This collection houses a handwritten manuscript entitled War Experiences of Edwin Floyd Wiley documenting Wiley's military service during the Civil War as well as a photograph of Wiley himself.
Gustavus A. Peltzer Letter
The letter is written by Gustavus A. Peltzer, dated July 2, 1863, and is addressed to his friend Ellis. The letter, written in response to previous correspondence from Ellis, details the events that led to his imprisonment in Knoxville, Tennessee. The collection also contains the original envelope used for this correspondance.
Samuel B. Boyd Papers
This collection houses letters of recommendation for Samuel Boyd, correspondence to and from Samuel Boyd (including two letters he wrote while being held prisoner at Camp Chase, Ohio during the Civil War), genealogical notes, invitations, newspaper clippings, and resolutions on the deaths of Samuel and Isabella (Reed) Boyd.
Samuel K. Carrigan Letter
This collection consists of a letter from Samuel K. Carrigan, sent on May 25, 1862 from Camp Mag Hill near Chattanooga, to his brother William A. Carrigan in Society Hill, South Carolina. He discusses his discontent with his fellow solider's irreligiousness and his desire to transfer into another unit, as well as the fighting in which he was involved.
William A. Mayo Diary
This collection is a diary written by William A. Mayo of Monroe County, Tennessee between the years 1861 and 1866.
William R. Lacy Letter
William Styer Correspondence
This collection consists of ten letters and five envelopes from Union soldier William Styer to his wife Susannah (Defenbaugh) Styer dating from 1862 November 12 to 1863 September 5. One letter was written in Camp Morton, Indiana; one was written on board the Ohio Belle; and the rest were written from Fort Pickering, Tennessee.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 7
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- Christianity -- Southern States. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army -- Officers. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army of Tennessee -- Artillery. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 6th. 1
- Illinois -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Johnson Island Prison. 1
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 1
- Shiloh, Battle of, Tenn., 1862. 1
- Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- South Carolina -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 89th (1862-1865). 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1 ∧ less