Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Robert Neville wrote this letter to his wife, Mary (Atkinson) Neville, while he was serving with Company E of the 103rd Ohio Infantry near Knoxville, Tennessee. He tells his wife that his health is good, describes the region's enthusiastic reception of Union Soldiers, and expounds upon his religious views.
1863 September 17
- Subject: Tennessee -- History.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: War -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.