Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Isabel Belle Scott of Gratiot, Wisconsin wrote this letter to her brother James, who was then serving with Company B of the 23rd Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, on 15 February 1863. Belle is under the impression that James is helping to construct a canal at Vicksburg and the letter is addressed to him via Memphis, Tennessee.
1863 February 15
- Subject: Tennessee -- History.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: Soldiers -- Wisconsin -- Correspondence.
- Subject: United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 23rd (1862-1865).