Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
James B. David Diary
This collection houses the diary of Private James B. David of the 89th Illinois Infantry Regiment. The diary documents entire year of 1864, but it only has a few references for the months of November and December. The first pages of the diary list the addresses of some of the soldiers who served with David.
John M. Hollis Papers
The diary housed in this collection documents John M. Hollis's Civil War service, including his enlistment and training and his unit's marches through Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, and Kentucky. Of particular interest are the descriptions of fierce battles at Murfreesboro, Tennessee and Perryville, Kentucky.
Dates: 1861 August 12-1863 April 27
- Illinois -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Illinois -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Perryville, Battle of, Perryville, Ky., 1862. 1
- Stones River, Battle of, Murfreesboro, Tenn., 1862-1863. 1