Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract In this diary, Pinckney Latham describes his service with Company A of the 4th Tennessee Infantry (CSA), nicknamed the Shelby Grays. Early entries mention troop movements, Latham's capture on February 12, 1865 near Memphis, Tennessee, and his parole at Vicksburg the following month. The diary goes on to describe his assignment to Meridian, Mississippi, including his journey to Meridian, the people he meets, the girls he sees, his activities when off duty, the weather, the progress of the...
Dates: 1860 February 28, 1865 January 6-1867 November 10, 1952; Majority of material found within 1865-1867
- Subject: Tennessee -- History. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 4th. X