Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
A four-page handwritten letter, signed "MR" by Lieutenant Marcus Richardson, sent to Captain Joseph Washington Anderson. Written from Cumberland Gap, Tenn., the letter details the reconnaissance and skirmish that took place at Cumberland Gap in the days prior under the command of Major General Edmund Kirby Smith. The letter is dated March 23, 1862.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) X