Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Eleanora Willauer Diary
This collection consists of the Confederate diary of Eleanora Willauer, of Dickson County, Tennessee, written between October 1, 1862 and November 9, 1869.
Dates: 1862 October 1-1869 November 9
Elijah A. Hawn Papers
This collection contains six letters of personal correspondence between Elijah Hawn and his wife Nancy dated from May 26, 1862 through June 16, 1863. Also included are form no. 79 from the U.S. Treasury Department (which allows for Nancy to be granted a widow’s pension), a letter from the Department of the Interior rejecting her widow’s pension on the grounds that she remarried, and a division of land agreement.
Dates: 1862 May 26-1872 August 3
Elizabeth Baker Crozier Journal
Abstract In this journal, Elizabeth (Baker) Crozier describes life in Knoxville during the siege of 1863. She recounts Union troops plundering and burning her home as well as destroying the homes of her friends and neighbors. She also recalls the kindness of others as she and her husband attempted to reestablish a home and life for their family. In a small excerpt at the end, Crozier also writes of the death of her brother, Dr. Henry Baker, at the hands of Union troops. This document is a typewritten...
Margaret Barton Crozier Ramsey Diary
Abstract Margaret Barton Crozier Ramsey kept this diary while she was in exile in North Carolina during and shortly after the Civil War. In it, she describes the destruction of her home in Tennessee, her journey to and life in North Carolina, the churches she attended, her religious views, her homesickness for her life in Tennessee, and her feelings toward the Union Army. She also relates family news, including news of her sons and other family members serving in the Confederate Army. This document...
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 2
- Women -- Tennessee -- Diaries. 2
- Dickson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Georgia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1
- Military pensions -- Tennessee. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 1
- Women -- Tennessee -- Knoxville -- Diaries. 1 ∧ less