Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection houses manuscripts, correspondence, photographs, cassette tapes, videotapes, trial transcripts, and other materials documenting Alex Haley's literary career. Of particular interest are those materials showing Haley's Roots and the subsequent plagiarism trials related to the book.
This collection contains two series: the first consisting of personal correspondence, mostly to Blanche (Spurlock) Bentley in the 1920s and 1930s and the second consisting of notes, clippings, and photographs regarding genealogy of Blanche (Spurlock) Bentley's family.
The collection consists of one record book with the lineage records of the members of the James White Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. The records are dated up to June 3, 1929.
This collection consists of a hand-written obituary notice for Brigadier General James P. Brownlow, copied from the New York Herald in 1879.
This collection houses correspondence, ledgers, and bank records documenting the lives of several members of the Park family in Knoxville, Tennessee and Galleighan, Ireland. Among the topics discussed are family news, national politics, and land holdings that the Parks are renting out.
This collection contains the papers of historian and genealogist Penelope Johnson Allen, from the 1770s to the 1980s, primarily the twentieth century. The collection includes personal papers, research material, genealogical research material, publications, and more.
The Turley Family Papers contain 19th-20th century papers of the Turley family of Tennessee. Included are letters, contracts, receipts, account books, genealogies, and family history research. The papers generally cover the time between 1860 and 1920 and the 1970s and 1980s.
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- African American authors. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Cherokee Indians -- History. 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution -- History. 1
- Genealogy. 1
- Ireland -- Genealogy. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Societies and clubs. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Hamilton County (Tenn.). 1
- Melungeons -- History. 1
- Obituaries -- Tennessee. 1
- Slave trade -- United States -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Southern States. 1
- Southern States -- Maps 1
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1815-1861. 1 ∧ less