Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The six photographs of this collection depict scenes of Union soldiers at Lookout Mountain and also war grounds along the Tennessee River and in Augusta, Georgia during the Civil War. The four lantern slides in this collection depict various Civil War battles and naval scenes.
This collection consists of photographs depicting Hales Bar Dam in Guild (Haletown), Marion County, Tennessee, during construction.
These photographs depict a number of boats that operated on the Tennessee River during the 19th and early 20th centuries. The ships depicted include the excursion boat Annabell King, the steamers City of Chattanooga, Shiloh, J. W. Hill, the packets Edgar Cherry, City of Memphis, City of Knoxville, War Eagle, the gunboat Kingston, and the transport Missionary.
This collection contains an undated photograph of the Horseshoe Bend in the Tennessee River at Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Subject: Tennessee River -- Pictorial works. X
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Dams -- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 1
- Excursion boats -- Tennessee River Region. 1
- Gunboats -- Tennessee River Region. 1
- Hales Bar Dam (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains). 1
- Lookout Mountain, Battle of, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Marion County (Tenn.) 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Packets -- Tennessee River Region. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Steamboats -- Tennessee River. 1
- Transports. 1 ∧ less