Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection consists of a Civil War letter written by Captain James W. Field on November 3, 1863, at Cumberland Gap. Field's letter pertained to the Cumberland Gap and his duties there as a soldier.
A single handwritten letter by Confederate soldier M. D. Wilson stationed at Cumberland Gap, TN on August 4, 1863.
A four-page handwritten letter, signed "MR" by Lieutenant Marcus Richardson, sent to Captain Joseph Washington Anderson. Written from Cumberland Gap, Tenn., the letter details the reconnaissance and skirmish that took place at Cumberland Gap in the days prior under the command of Major General Edmund Kirby Smith. The letter is dated March 23, 1862.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 2
- Cumberland Gap Campaign, 1862. 1
- Soldiers -- North Carolina -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1