Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Charles H. Roney Civil War Letters
Two letters from Sgt. Charles H. Roney of the Union Army to his parents, written on April 13, 1862, and June 30, 1862. He tells his parents of his company's plans to capture the Cumberland Gap and of his pay that he intends on sending home to them.
Rosecrans Letter to Medical Dept. G. O. No. 2
This letter is written by Rosecrans to a doctor at Medical Department Gen. Orders No. 2 on July 15th, 1863. It discusses military politics, the occupation of Knoxville by Bragg, and well wishes.
Sgt. William A. Smith Letter to J. O. Jones
A letter was written by Sgt. William A. Smith, Co. B 71 Ind. 6th Cav., on October 5, 1863. He talks about Union occupation north of Knoxville, TN and the increased price of goods and foods in the Confederate states as oppsosed to the Union. He also writes about a brigade of women marching and carrying the U.S. flag. The letter was submitted to Mr. J. O. Jones, postmaster of Terre Haute, Indiana, in hopes that he could get it published in the local newspaper.
William W. Howard Letters
- Correspondence. 3
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 3
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Cumberland County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Cumberland Gap Campaign, 1862. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Ohio. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less