Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection consists of a letter dated July 30, 1864 from Rear Admiral David Farragut to H. R. Billings that officially granted Billings's request to be detached from the USS Vincennes.
A letter from David Farragut, signed "D. G. Farragut," to E. Caylus dated March 20, 1867. In it, Farragut expresses gratitude for receiving the Abraham Lincoln bronze medal for his achievements in Lincoln's administration.
The collection contains extensive correspondence and other material related to the career of Admiral David Glasgow Farragut from 1830-1870. Subsequent materials include correspondence from the Admiral's wife Virginia, his father George, and his son Loyall. This collection also contains genealogical information about the Farragut family as well as newspaper clippings and articles about the Admiral.
This collection contains two letters sent to David Glasgow Farragut while he was serving on the MS Flag Ship Hartford. They are dated 1863 and 1864. The letter dated 1864 concerns the appraisal of a schooner captured by the Estella.
The Frank M. Renshaw Papers contain a 100 page diary, an 1871 photograph of seven unidentified men, and an 1877 railroad pass. The diary contains entries from January to November, 1862, and tells of the Battles of Fort Pillow, Plum Run Bend, and Memphis, as well as the sailor's time spent on the USS Judge Torrence of the United States Navy.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations. X
- Admirals -- United States -- Correspondence. 2
- United States -- History, Naval -- To 1900. 2
- Admirals -- United States. 1
- Battle of Plum Run Bend. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Fort Pillow (Tenn.) 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Mobile Bay, Battle of, Ala., 1864. 1
- New Orleans (La.) -- History -- Capture, 1862. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Navy -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States. Navy -- History. 1
- United States. Navy. 1 ∧ less