Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
In this letter written from Waverly, Tenn., and dated February 16, 1864, James E. Pritchard of the 8th Iowa Cavalry writes to his brother John. He comments that the Rebels will never regain a hold on East Tennessee, noting that in Waverly, 300 Confederates surrendered and took the oath of allegiance.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Correspondence. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Iowa -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 8th (1863-1865). X