Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
According to Lieutenant Colonel John Scott, Colonel Nelson G. Williams of the 3rd Iowa Regiment incorrectly and maliciously reported Second Lieutenant Benton A. Mathews, Second Lieutenant Ole A. Anderson, and Lieutenant Colonel Mathew M. Trumbull of Company D as well as Captain Emilius I. Weiser of Company I as deserters. He calls for an investigation so that these men, who had been wounded and served valiantly, might have their records corrected.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Correspondence. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Iowa -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1864). X