Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection houses one letter from George Lewis to his sister, Naracessa Hampton, of Casvade, Virginia. Lewis focuses on the plight of his sister, whose husband was apparently compelled to serve in the Confederate Army. He offers her advice and instructs her to keep her household in good condition.
This collection houses a letter dated January 25, 1865 from Assistant Inspector General Major Henry Bryan (then stationed in Tombigbee River, Alabama) to Colonel George William Brent documenting the artillery units of the Confederate Army of Tennessee shortly before the Confederate surrender.
- Confederate States of America. Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army of Tennessee -- Artillery. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Mississippi Cavalry Regiment, 28th. 1
- Soldiers -- Mississippi -- Correspondence. 1
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1