Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
E. H. Rennolds maintained these two diaries while he was serving with the 5th Tennessee Infantry (CSA) in 1863 and 1864 during the Civil War. In them, he describes his service in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee, including his participation in the battles of Spring Hill, Franklin, and Nashville.
This letter, written by William Velie and sent from Fort Rosencrance in Murfreesboro, Tennessee describes battles in the Middle Tennessee area, including Franklin and Nashville. Velie notes that the Commanding Officer of the Confederate Army in the area is General Hood, while his own commander in the Union Army is General Melroy.
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 5th. 1
- Soldiers -- Minnesota -- Correspondence. 1
- Spring Hill, Battle of, Spring Hill, Maury County, Tenn., 1864. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1