Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract In this journal, Elizabeth (Baker) Crozier describes life in Knoxville during the siege of 1863. She recounts Union troops plundering and burning her home as well as destroying the homes of her friends and neighbors. She also recalls the kindness of others as she and her husband attempted to reestablish a home and life for their family. In a small excerpt at the end, Crozier also writes of the death of her brother, Dr. Henry Baker, at the hands of Union troops. This document is a typewritten...
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. X