Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
In this letter to his sister Beulah, Union army soldier Josh reports that his orders are to head to Mississippi on 1863 May 10. He is unhappy at the prospect of leaving his current lodgings at a Secesh woman's home, but glad to escape the rampant spread of smallpox through Memphis, Tennessee.
This collection consists of articles written in the early 1900s by Confederate soldier Charles Stephen Olin "C.S.O." Rice's memories of events in the Civil War.
This collection houses 22 letters written between various members of the Wildermuth family during the Civil War. Brothers John, Henry, and Eli Wildermuth wrote much of this correspondence while serving in the Union Army and discuss such topics as life in the South, the battles they have experienced, their living conditions, and their desire to return home to Wisconsin.
This collection consists of ten letters and five envelopes from Union soldier William Styer to his wife Susannah (Defenbaugh) Styer dating from 1862 November 12 to 1863 September 5. One letter was written in Camp Morton, Indiana; one was written on board the Ohio Belle; and the rest were written from Fort Pickering, Tennessee.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 3
- Alabama -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Lauderdale County (Tenn.) 1
- Mississippi -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn., 1864. 1
- Savannah (Ga.) -- History -- Siege, 1864. 1
- Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Wisconsin -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans. 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 89th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 16th (1862-1865). Company G. 1
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1865). 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less