Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This leaflet presents a montage of texts relating to a feud between J.D. Hale and the friends of Champ Ferguson. It includes an etching of Ferguson's photograph, a letter, a newspaper clipping, and other items.
This collection consists of three military records of Gideon S. Sentelle from 1865. The records include a discharge paper from Knoxville, Tennessee and two muster-out rolls.
This collection consists of several documents written by members of the Hammonds family of Tennessee. Included are four letters, one list of expenditures, one application for money order, one promise of payment, and one account book. The documents date between 1861 and 1900.
This collection includes an engraving taken in 1864 of Major General John G. Foster in a Union uniform. The collection also includes a signature clipping from Major General John G. Foster.
This Civil War letter, dated January 4, 1864, was written relatively soon after the Battle of Mossy Creek in Mossy Creek, TN which occurred on December 29, 1863. The letter describes the actions of Union soldier Pembroke S. Scott and his company “B” of Ohio’s 118th Infantry in 1863.
This collection consists of an extract from a letter of instruction regarding memorandum receipts, dated March 28, 1864.
The collection consists of several Marion County, Tennessee land surveys for the Raulston, Anderson, and State families. There is one document listing the birth and death dates for the Raulston family, and there is also a military discharge document for William Raulston.
This collection consists of selected papers from the Admiral Franklin Buchanan Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy presented throughout 1956.
This collection contains the diary of Wesley Smith Dorris, a private in the 30th Tennessee Infantry, Company K. Diary entries date between 1861 and 1863. Some portions, including the beginning pages and cover, are missing. Entries describe the Battle of Fort Henry of 1862, Dorris’ capture, and daily life in prisoner camp.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Marion County (Tenn.) 1
- Military discharge -- United States. 1
- Mossy Creek, Battle of, Tenn., 1863 1
- Quartermasters -- United States. 1
- Surveying -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Sutlers -- 1860-1880. 1
- United Daughters of the Confederacy -- History 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Autographs. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries. 1
- War crimes -- United States -- History -- 19th century. 1 ∧ less