Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Mary Francis (Fannie) Smith Family Papers
Perry Norton Letter
In a March 12, 1864 letter from Anderson, Tenn., to his sister in Spafford, N.Y., Private Perry Norton of the 149th New York Infantry writes to inform her of his condition and pass on a rumor that his regiment may return to the Army of the Potomac.
Thad Roberts Letter
In this letter, Thad Roberts of the 148th New York Infantry writes home to cos. Roberts discusses the spread of disease through Nashville, Tennessee where the 148th is stationed. He also mentions the conditions of the regiment's weapons as well as their prisoner of war and death counts.
Thomas Sleeper Letter
This collection consists of one letter from Union soldier Thomas C. Sleeper to his sister Sadie Sleeper of Millport, New York. Thomas describes the climate of Nashville, Tennessee (where he is stationed for training) and a visit to Louisville, Kentucky on a short leave.
William E. VanAuken Letter
William E. VanAuken of Company D of the 107th New York Infantry wrote this letter to his sister and brother-in-law from Shelbyville, Tennessee on 1863 January 7. In it, he discusses the weather and mentions that the 145th N.Y. Volunteers have recently been disbanded, saying that Their is one company here with us now. They we got up in New York. They are Bowery Boys... The letter is fairly brief and includes the envelope that it was mailed in.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Andersonville Prison -- History. 1
- Binghamton (N.Y.) -- History. 1
- Floods -- New York (State). 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 -- Assassination. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- New York (State) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Manuscripts. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons, Confederate. 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 107th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 149th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less