Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection houses two letters from David Humphrey (signed D. W. H.) to Julia written from Union Headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, on November 26 and December 17 of 1862. The letters discuss life in camp, General Rosecrans' good performance, family news, news of the war in Tennessee and Virginia, food being sent by the family to camp, Humphrey's desire to return home, and his love for Julia.
This collection of letters exchanged by Francis and Harriet Ferguson deals with life on both the battle and home fronts during the American Civil War.
This document describes the Civil War Service of John Durham. He most likely served with the 7th Regiment, Pennsylvania Cavalry 80th Volunteers, although there are several units whose service records match the marches described.
- Soldiers -- Pennsylvania -- Correspondence. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Soldiers -- Pennsylvania. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories -- Pennsylvania Infantry -- 111th. 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment, 7th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 111th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 78th (1861-1865). 1
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less