Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Moses Elkanah Thompson Letter
A letter written by Moses Elkanah Thompson, dated June 7, 1863, to Francis M. Blair in response to one received from Blair earlier. In the letter, Thompson briefly mentions the Battle at Vicksburg and the number of men both sides lost. He also mentions his desire for the war to end.
"Reminiscences of a Confederate Soldier"
This collection consists of articles written in the early 1900s by Confederate soldier Charles Stephen Olin "C.S.O." Rice's memories of events in the Civil War.
Thomas C. McInturff Letter
Thomas C. McInturff wrote this letter to his father in East Tennessee from Camp Crawford in Vicksburg, Mississippi on February 19, 1863. In it, he discusses his and Sam's health, asks his father to settle some affairs on his behalf, complains that the food and the weather are both very poor, and states that he believes that Vicksburg is the nastiest place on earth. A notation at the end of the letter indicates that it was written by a friend B. F. F.
William Taylor Letters
Three letters from Private William Taylor of the 43rd Ohio Infantry to his sister Susan in Morrow County, Ohio, describe experiences in the Gayoso Hospital in Memphis and another military hospital in LaGrange, Tenn., during 1863.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 60th. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Lauderdale County (Tenn.) 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn., 1864. 1
- Soldiers -- North Carolina -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 43rd (1862-1865). 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1 ∧ less