Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 26
The three letters included in the Al Gore, Jr., Papers, 1976-1977, request Representative Benjamin S. Rosenthal to assign Gore a seat on a House committee - Interstate and Foreign Commerce Committee, Appropriations Committee, and a number of other possible seats.
This collection contains correspondence regarding the Telepost bill, H.R. 19402. The correspondence dates to 1910.
Photograph of FDR and his cabinet, signed by the President with Christmas greetings to Cordell Hull, who signed the picture along with the rest of the cabinet members. Album in tribute to Secretary of State Cordell Hull upon his resignation. Signed by cabinet members and their staff. Press photograph of Hull standing behind FDR as he signs a document giving Phillipes independence. Chairman medal from 1924 Democratic National Convention.
This collection contains a scrapbook that has numerous pictures, newspaper articles, and magazine articles that pertain to the life, accomplishments, and family of General Douglas MacArthur, along with three audio records titled “General of the Army Douglas MacArthur’s Report to Congress” from April 19, 1951.
This collection contains business and personal correspondence, research notes and published and unpublished articles, talks, and book reviews by Harry Curtis, photographs, articles on his retirement and death, printed technical material, and a copy of his account of his career.
Contains material covering Baker's senatorial career (1967 - 1985) and political campaigns, including his roles as senate minority and majority leader, his service as vice chairman of the Watergate committee, and his involvement in issues such as the Panama Canal and SALT II Treaties. Materials include correspondence, reports, memos, news clippings, case files, public opinion mail, speeches, manuals, photographs, film, video and audio recordings.
This addendum to the papers of former Senator Howard H. Baker contains correspondence, memoranda, reports, photographs, schedules, speeches and other material related to the Senator's career and personal life. While some papers in the addendum cover roughly the same time and events as the Howard H. Baker Papers (MPA.101), this addendum also documents the Senator's political, legal and personal activities before and after his tenure in the Senate and White House.
This addendum to the papers of former Senator Howard H. Baker contains correspondence, schedules, speeches and other material related to the Senator's career and personal life. While most of the papers in the addendum cover the years after the Senator's political career, there are also some papers related to his earliest political campaigns.
This collection contains a letter from Jere Cooper to Paul Mullholland Butler.
The June Frazier Collection is composed primarily of items documenting Jimmy Carter's presidency. It also includes a copy of the Egyptian-Israeli Peace Treaty of 1979 and a copy of Bill Clinton's 1992 Acceptance Address.
This collection contains handwritten notes, letters, and articles concerning the 1971 Berlin Agreement, meetings with Henry Kissinger and French dignitaries, and interviews with Rush on his career.
This collection, the Kenneth Rush Papers, 1930-1991, contains correspondence from Rush or UT administrators (e.g., Ed Boling, Charles Brakebill, Andy Holt, and Joe Johnson) between 1962 and 1991, news articles on Rush, and other miscellaneous documents, such as a copy of Rush's UT grade report from 1930, copies of his 1962 commencement speech, biographical sketches, and a photograph.
This collection consists of two letters from Bill Clinton to Thompson, and one leter from George H.W. Bush to Thompson.
- Subject: United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. X
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Congresses 5
- United States. Congress. Senate. 4
- Legislators -- United States. 3
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 3
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 3
- Diplomats -- United States. 2
- Bankruptcy -- United States. 1
- Government etiquette. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Hazardous waste site remediation -- United States. 1
- Land use -- Tennessee -- Oak Ridge -- Planning -- Citizen participation. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Political campaigns -- United States. 1
- Political conventions 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Radioactive pollution -- Environmental aspects -- Tennessee -- Oak Ridge. 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Environmental aspects -- Tennessee -- Oak Ridge. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 1
- United States -- History, Military. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1919-1933. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Watergate Trial, Washington, D.C., 1973. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1 ∧ less