Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
This collection consists of Gladys Bonine’s typed memoir entitled “Recollections of One Army Nurse in World War II.” The 132-page memoir documents Bonine’s service in World War II including her decision to enlist, her training, and her time as a nurse in England.
This collection features photographs, papers, correspondence, and memorabilia from Jeanne Pawloski's service as a nurse with Detachment A of the 74th General Hospital during World War II.
This collection includes recorded interviews with World War II veterans. In addition to their wartime experiences, veterans are asked about their upbringing, their lives before entering the service, and their attempts to readjust to civilian life after discharge. Information regarding theatre, branch and interviewer have been included when available. Transcripts are available for some interviews.
- Subject: United States. Army Nurse Corps. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 2
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less