Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
This collection consists of ten letters and five envelopes from Union soldier William Styer to his wife Susannah (Defenbaugh) Styer dating from 1862 November 12 to 1863 September 5. One letter was written in Camp Morton, Indiana; one was written on board the Ohio Belle; and the rest were written from Fort Pickering, Tennessee.
1862 November 12-1863 September 5
- Subject: United States. Army.
- Subject: Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence.
- Subject: Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Subject: United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 89th (1862-1865).
- Subject: Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863.