Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection houses a single letter from Daniel Davis to his brother. In it, Davis details his regiment's march from Nashville to Dechard, Tennessee (southeast of Tullahoma, Tennessee.) At that time, the 46th Pennsylvania was detailed to guard sections of the Nashville-Chattanooga Railroad.
This collection houses two letters from David Humphrey (signed D. W. H.) to Julia written from Union Headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, on November 26 and December 17 of 1862. The letters discuss life in camp, General Rosecrans' good performance, family news, news of the war in Tennessee and Virginia, food being sent by the family to camp, Humphrey's desire to return home, and his love for Julia.
This collection of letters exchanged by Francis and Harriet Ferguson deals with life on both the battle and home fronts during the American Civil War.
In this diary, John Ibaugh writes primarily of his movements between Philadelphia and Washington D.C. during the closing months of the Civil War. He also describes his service at the Battle of Nashville, the Battle of Chattanooga, and the Union Army's final march in Washington, D.C.
This document describes the Civil War Service of John Durham. He most likely served with the 7th Regiment, Pennsylvania Cavalry 80th Volunteers, although there are several units whose service records match the marches described.
William H. Lambert wrote this letter to George and Jesse Cox of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on 24 February 1863 while he was stationed in Lookout Valley, Tennessee. In it, Lambert discusses the bureaucratic processes of discharge and resignation. He also mentions that he has been promoted from Adjutant to Captain and recounts meeting a friend, Colonel Joseph B. Palmer, who he had not seen since the Battle of Antietam in Chattanooga the previous week.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Soldiers -- Pennsylvania -- Correspondence. 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Chattanooga, Battle of, Chattanooga, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 -- Assassination. 1
- Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn., 1864. 1
- Soldiers -- Pennsylvania -- Diaries. 1
- Soldiers -- Pennsylvania. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Medical care. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories -- Pennsylvania Infantry -- 111th. 1
- United States. Army. New Jersey Infantry Regiment, 33rd (1863-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment, 7th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 111th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 29th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 46th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, 78th (1861-1865). 1
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less