Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of a receipt for corn and horses delivered to the 10th Michigan Cavalry in January of 1864 during the Knoxville Campaign.
This collection contains a letter, dated April 5, 1865 from Spring Camp close to Knoxville, Tenn., from George Laubach of the 10th Michigan Cavalry to Mariette Hutchins in Michigan. Laubach discusses news from home and describes his surroundings in East Tennessee.
This letter to Verness Williams documents recent activities of Myron Comstock's unit (11th Michigan Infantry Regiment) and speaks of his recent illness and homesickness.
This collection houses five letters written by Watson B. Smith in the field in Tennessee in November and December 1863 to his father and a general order congratulating another commander. The letters discuss his promotions and battles against the Confederates near Knoxville and offer his regards to his family.
This collection houses two letters that Union soldier Watson B. Smith wrote to his mother, Mary Amanda (Birchard) Smith, on September 23, 1863 and October 1, 1863. In them, Smith discusses Union operations in the Knoxville Campaign, life in headquarters, and news from the Battle of Chattanooga.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 3
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- United States. Army. Corps, 23rd (1863-1865). 2
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 10th (1863-1865). 2
- Chattanooga, Battle of, Chattanooga, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 11th (1861-1864) 1 ∧ less