Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Henry Brown Collection
This is a collection of over fifty civil war letters written by Harry Brown to his wife from August 1861 through September 1862.
Josiah Reed Diary, Letter, and Sermon
This collection houses a diary documenting Josiah Reed's service in the Civil War, a letter requesting an additional bounty for his service, and a sermon that was delivered at his burial.
Lide Bostwick Letter
In this letter, Lide Bostwick discusses life on the northern home front during the Civil War. She mentions illnesses and deaths in the family (including the death of her brother Tip at the Battle of Stones River), her concerns for family and friends in the military, and the harm that northern traitors are causing.
William A. Huddard Papers
This is a collection of sixty-one Civil War letters written by William A. Huddard to his father. The letters begin in June of 1861 and end in April of 1864. Huddard’s letters to his father describe many aspects of life in the western armies during the Civil War. He describes battles, camp life, enemy combatants, the environment, furloughs, his health, rumors, and weather.
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 3
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Stones River, Battle of, Murfreesboro, Tenn., 1862-1863. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 113th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 13th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 1st (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 31st (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 94th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less