Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
These two VHS tapes contain a recording of an oral history by Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Erwin B. Bigger. In it, Bigger discusses his early life and his service with the U. S. Army as a paratrooper during World War II and the Korean War.
This collection features one copy of The Story of the Lewis and Marjorie Fox Family of Big Springs written by their eldest daughter, Judy Elizabeth Fox Knoblock. Featuring the personal narratives of Lewis and Majorie, Judy provides a recollection of their family's history, particularly during the Great Depression and World War II.
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
This collection houses photocopies of official documents and newspaper clippings showing the numerous awards and honors that Lieutenant Hilston Kilcollins earned for his bravery under fire during World War II.
Documents related to Joseph A. Boles' World War II service with the U. S. Army in North Africa and Italy. The collection includes a typed record of service and a typed narrative account as well as photocopies of photographs, correspondence, certificates, and a newspaper clipping.
A typescript copy of Robert S. Crouse’s memoir, “There I Was…The Wartime Memoir of a Junior Birdman.” This story details Crouse’s time with the U. S. Army Air Corps from his basic training to his service as a bomber pilot in the Mediterranean Theater during World War II.
- United States. Army. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 82nd. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 504th. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less