Showing Collections: 21 - 36 of 36
John H. Lawrence Collection
This collection features documents about John H. Lawrence and his fellow crew members of the 36th Tank Battalion in the 8th Armored Division.
John W. Hamlin Jr. Collection
This collection contains veteran John W. Hamlin Jr.’s photographs from his experiences in World War II serving in the European Theater.
Lendell Hatcher Collection
This collection contains a photocopy of the book, Move Out, Verify: The Combat Story of the 743rd Tank Battalion by Wayne Robinson.
Lloyd Hamilton Boyd Collection
The material in this collection documents the World War II military service of Lloyd Hamilton Boyd. Included are approximately 50 letters written from Boyd to members of his family in North Carolina; these were written while Boyd was stationed at Camp Cooke in California as well as overseas in the European Theatre of War (including from England, France, Belgium, and Germany). Also included are ration books, unused V-mail sheets, copies of newspaper clippings, and some memorabilia.
M. H. Kunselman Sketch
This collection contains a sketch by World War II U. S. Army veteran M. H. Kunselman of a battle scene in Belgium.
Mathias C. Helbach Collection
This collection contains papers, documents, and a scrapbook related to World War II veteran Mathias C. Helbach’s experience during the war in both the Mediterranean and European Theaters.
McGill Family Papers
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
Memories of World War II Experiences
This collection features William A. Romeiser's personal narrative, Memories of World War II Experiences, written about his service in the European theatre during World War II.
N. W. Wininger Collection
This collection contains a time table of the 559th Anti-Aircraft Artillery (Automatic Weapons) Batallion, dated from July 16, 1944 to July 19, 1945. The record documents the various stops and destinations of the 559th AAA as well as the times of arrival and departure.
Omar L. Ash Correspondence
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
Richard Thomas Alexander Oral History
The Richard Thomas Alexander Oral History, 2003, is a typescript from an oral history interview with Richard Alexander by Dr. Kurt Piehler and Jake White of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on his World War II experiences, but also covers pre-war and post-war periods.
Robert C. Jackson Collection
This collection contains military documents, phtographs, and publications regarding Robert C. Jackson, a pilot in the Air Force during World War II.
Roger Garland Collection
This collection contains a 1945 publication of “Hospital Hi Lites” kept by World War II Army veteran Roger Garland.
Ullin L. Bivens Publications
World War II-era publications belonging to veteran Ullin L. Bivens.
W. Ralph Lufkin Collection
This collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and other documents on Wendell Ralph Lufkin's World War II experience in the European theatre.
World War II Letters of Private Clifford Edward Keenan
The book housed in this collection is composed of transcriptions of letters written between Private Clifford E. Keenan and his immediate family from 1942 to 1944. Editor Hugh T. Keenan (Clifford E. Keenan's younger brother) has also included a brief biographical introduction and numerous photographs of the Keenan family.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 28
- United States. Army. 26
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 8
- United States. Army Air Forces. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- United States. Navy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- Humboldt (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Parachute troops -- United States. 2
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 455th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 4th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 83rd. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- South America. 1 ∧ less