Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Clinton E. Riddle Oral History
In this interview with Kurt Piehler and Seth Womack of the Center for the Study of War and Society, Clinton E. Riddle discusses his childhood on an East Tennessee farm and his service during World War II, including his training, flying gliders, ground combat, and leave in Paris. The conversation took place on March 19, 2002.
Donald L. Askerman Collection
This collection contains one copy of "My Forties," Donald L. Askerman's typed memoir of his experiences during World War II.
Edward Laughlin World War II Memoir
This collection consists of Edward P. Laughlin's WWII Memoir A Paratrooper's Journey, written in 1999. He describes his initial Army experiences during basic training, jump school, and demolition school. He also discusses his combat action, including his part in the Battle of the Bulge, and his role in the Berlin occupation.
James "J. D." Blankenship Jr. Collection
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Memories of World War II Experiences
This collection features William A. Romeiser's personal narrative, Memories of World War II Experiences, written about his service in the European theatre during World War II.
Richard Thomas Alexander Oral History
The Richard Thomas Alexander Oral History, 2003, is a typescript from an oral history interview with Richard Alexander by Dr. Kurt Piehler and Jake White of the University of Tennessee for the Veteran's Oral History Project conducted by the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview focuses primarily on his World War II experiences, but also covers pre-war and post-war periods.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- United States. Army. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 83rd. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less