Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Barwick O. Barfield Memoir
This collection includes a copy of Days Not Forgotten, a memoir of Barwick O. Barfield's World War II experiences as a navigator with the Army Air Forces in the European theater and a prisoner of war.
Benjamin Dunn’s The Bamboo Express
Burton R. Richard Papers
Bill Fulk World War II Memoir
In this memoir, entitled "Why Me?," Bill Fulk describes his experiences before, during, and after World War -- with a strong emphasis on the time he spent in German Concentration camps.
James J. Akins Collection
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
Jerome Jacobs World War II Memoirs
This collection consists of Dr. Jerome Jacobs' World War II memoirs, entitled Some Came Home. The bulk of the material documents the years from 1941 to 1945. Dr. Jacobs, a fighter pilot veteran, recounts his experiences training as a pilot, his involvement in combat and in Operation Market Garden, and some of his experiences as a prisoner of war.
Robert Asquith Collection
This collection includes a copy of "Liberation," dictating Robert Asquith's time as a prisoner of war during World War II and his liberation. It also contains one copy of a First Lutheran Church (Knoxville, Tenn.) service bulletin with names and addresses of church members serving during World War II and a section for letters from soldiers, including a letter from Asquith.
Robert C. Jackson Collection
This collection contains military documents, phtographs, and publications regarding Robert C. Jackson, a pilot in the Air Force during World War II.
World War II Oral History Collection
This collection includes recorded interviews with World War II veterans. In addition to their wartime experiences, veterans are asked about their upbringing, their lives before entering the service, and their attempts to readjust to civilian life after discharge. Information regarding theatre, branch and interviewer have been included when available. Transcripts are available for some interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 8
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 4
- United States. Army. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 3
- Oral history -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- Prisoners of war -- United States. 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 84th. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less